We are the manufacturers with the largest range of polypropylene manhole steps on the market, offering 45 different models, adapted to each need: drinking water, wastewater, interior, exterior, mountain, intensive use …
We manufacture with the highest quality materials: 100% virgin polypropylene copolymer and calibrated steel core of 65kg / mm2, to make sure that each polypropylene manhole step exceeds the European Norm EN-13101, performing the relevant tests in our own laboratory. quality.
Recently, IVERNA has developed one of the widest manhole step in the world. We are talking about 400CR and 400CR-Plus. This step has as a feature the length of 400mm of support, thus equaling the width of any universal ladder of the market, because we think that safety and comfort in confined spaces should be a priority, as in any other sector of the market. In addition, the 400CR is the only manhole step for inspection chambers that exceeds the quality tests and the standards established by the “Law of Prevention of Labor Risks and Royal Decree 486/1997 on safety and health in workplaces”. IVERNA is boosting the Spanish market and, little by little, municipal companies of urban sanitation and water management are installing the 400CR in their sewage system with remarkable results.
The Law of Prevention of Labor Risks establishes the following premises:
- The minimum width of the fixed scales shall be 40 centimeters and the maximum distance between steps of 30 centimeters.
- On fixed scales the distance between the front of the steps and the walls closest to the side of the ascent will be at least 75 centimeters. The minimum distance between the back of the steps and the closest fixed object will be 16 centimeters. There will be a free space of 40 centimeters on both sides of the scale axis if it is not provided with cages or other equivalent devices.
- When the step from the final section of a fixed scale to the surface to be accessed implies a risk of falling due to lack of support, the handrail or side of the scale will be extended at least 1 meter above the last step or alternative measures that provide equivalent security will be taken.
- Fixed ladders that have a height greater than 4 meters shall have, at least from said height, a surrounding protection. This measure will not be necessary in ducts, narrow wells and other facilities that, due to their configuration, already provide such protection.
- If fixed scales are used for heights greater than 9 meters, rest platforms will be installed every 9 meters or fraction.
If you want to check the comfort and reliability of our manhole steps and you prioritize the quality of the product, get in touch with us and discover why we make the best polypropylene manhole steps in the world!